This course is best suited for those working for home care agencies. The training does not include Classroom Dementia and Mental Health Specialty Training. Specialty Training is not a required component of the 75-hour training but if you work in assisted living facility or an adult family home you are going to be required to have a Specialty certificate. The following classes make up the 75 hours:
- Orientation Training: 2 hours of introductory information orienting new workers to the care setting and job.
- Safety Training: 3 hours of introductory information on safety practices.
- Core basic training – 58 hours Training covering the basic skills and information needed to provide hands on personal care.
- Population specific basic training – 12 hours Training tailored to a specific group of clients and their unique care needs due to their disease, condition and/or stage of life. Population specific training includes:
Nurse Delegation Core Basic: (9 hours):
- This course provides basics for RN delegated tasks such as medication assistance, and patient specific procedures per rules and regulations regarding nurse delegation.
- Nurse Delegation; Special Focus on Diabetes: (3 hours)
This self-study course is designed for nursing assistants who:
- Are registered or certified (NA-R’s or NA-C’s).
- Have successfully completed the Nurse Delegation for Nursing Assistants Self-Study Training Course.
- Need this additional, required training to administer insulin injections under nurse delegation