Training hours required to take the home care aide certification exam. The following classes make up the 75 hours:
- Orientation Training: 2 hours of introductory information orienting new workers to the care setting and job.
- Safety Training: 3 hours of introductory information on safety practices.
- Core basic training – 54 hours Training covering the basic skills and information needed to provide hands on personal care.
- Nurse Delegation Core Basic: (9 hours):
- This course provides basics for RN delegated tasks such as medication assistance, and patient specific procedures per rules and regulations regarding nurse delegation.
- Hands on Classroom training:
- Dementia Level 1 Specialty Training (8 hours):
- This course is for caregivers, resident managers, and providers in long term care settings. You will obtain an introduction to the different types of dementia.
- Mental Health Level 1 Specialty Training (8 hours):
This course is for caregivers, resident managers, and providers in long term care settings. You will obtain an introduction to mental disorder.