DSHS APPROVED MENTAL HEALTH LEVEL 1, SPECIALTY TRAINING
This course is for caregivers, resident managers, and providers in long term care settings. You will obtain an introduction to mental disorder. Learn:
- How to give Compassionate and Trauma-Informed Care.
- Supports for Wellness.
- Getting Help and Self-Care.
- Suicide Prevention.
- Communication Dynamics.
- Approaching Behaviors.
- Crisis Management.
Mental Health, Level 1 Capable Caregiving for Mental Wellness: Specialty Training Program Overview:
- This program is DSHS Approved Mental Health Level 1, Specialty Training. Classroom only:
- Mental Health Specialty Training is offered weekly. Schedule will be posted on our calendar. Call/Email us today to schedule your spot.
- Training is a 1 day classroom from 9am to 5pm.
- There will be a written exam at the end which must be passed with 80% or higher.
- Students that fail the exam will be notified and retesting can be scheduled within 30 days.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive DSHS approved 8 hour Mental Health, Level 1 Specialty certificate which can be used:
- To meet job requirements for Assisted Living Facilities, Adult Family Homes or Home Care Agency.
- To count toward population specific training hours (8 hours).
To Reserve a Seat Call 206-306-6588
MENTAL HEALTH LEVEL 1 SPECIALTY TRAINING
Location: Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue