DSHS DEMENTIA LEVEL 1, SPECIALTY TRAINING
This course is for caregivers, resident managers, and providers in long term care settings. You will obtain an introduction to the different types of dementia. Learn how to:
- Set the Tone when dealing with clients with Dementia.
- Working with Families.
- Sexuality and Intimacy in dealing with dementia.
- Medications, Treatments and Therapies.
- Activities of Daily Living.
- Communication with People who Have Dementia.
- Trauma Informed Care.
- Approaching Challenging Behaviors.
- Tips for Dealing with Specific Challenging Behaviors
Dementia Specialty Training Program Overview:
- This program is DSHS Approved Dementia Level 1, Specialty Training. Classroom only:
- Dementia Specialty Training is offered weekly. Schedule will be posted on our calendar. Call/Email us today to schedule your spot.
- Training is a 1 day classroom from 9am to 5:30pm.
- There will be a written exam at the end which must be passed with 80% or higher.
- Students that fail the exam will be notified and retesting can be scheduled within 30 days.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive DSHS approved 8 hour Dementia Level 1, Specialty certificate which can be used:
- To meet job requirements for Assisted Living Facilities, Adult Family Homes or Home Care Agency.
- To count toward population specific training hours (8 hours).
To Reserve a Seat Call 206-306-6588
DEMENTIA LEVEL 1 SPECIALTY TRAINING
Location: Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue