What you will learn in this lesson:
- The basics of nutrition.
- How to read food labels and use them to make healthy food choices for shopping and meal planning.
- Signs of poor nutrition and when to report.
- How to assist a client with eating.
- Special diets a client may require.
- The importance of knowing whether a client has any food allergies.
- The importance of hydration to a client’s health.
- What food borne illness is and what causes it.
- How to prevent food borne illness by using safe food handling practices, including:
- How to safely prepare, thaw, and store food;
- How to prevent cross-contamination;
- Cleaning and disinfecting food contact surfaces.
0% Complete 0/39 Steps