On-The-Job Skills Training in Facilities for Home Care Aide Certification
The Department of Social and Health Services in collaboration with the Washington Health Care Association, the Adult Family Home Council and Leading Age have developed an on-the-job training (OJT) opportunity for caregivers enrolled in home care aide certification training.
- This means Adult Family Homes and Assisted living facilities can conduct the hands on skills portion on site training their own staff.
- Washington Care Academy is DSHS approved for orientation/safety, population specific and core basic training all online interactive training.
Washington Care Academy provides interactive online;
- Safety & Orientation (5) hours
- Core Basic Training (38) hours
- Dementia Specialty Training (8) hours via online instructor-led
- Mental Health Specialty Training (8) hours via online instructor-led
Your facility will provide;
- Core Basic Skills On the Job Training (16) hours
For more information; Call me at 206-306-6588
How do I initiate an on-the-job training program in our facility?
Step 1: Facility Instructor Application (DSHS 15-554)
Step 2. Facility Training Program Application and Updates (DSHS 15-555)
Step 3. On-The-Job Facility Training Plan
We have made the process of getting facilities approved by DSHS for on the job training your caregivers easy step by step. For more information give me a call at 206-306-6588
Washington Care Academy is a DSHS Approved Training Program
Call Faduma Mursal RN, BSN at (206) 306-6588 for more information